Monday, July 28, 2008

A Test

My faith and trust was tested before I arrived in Liberia and continues while I'm here. Over the last week I have been writing about a little girl named Patience, a child who lives in Duala. Every time I go into the village she always finds her place right next to me. However I didn't realize that this little one was being used to test me once again. I couldn't stop thinking about this child and I was very emotional when I would think about this little girl. The enemy was using this little girl as a distraction as he knows my heart for children; he knows that I can be distracted by the desire to adopt. I shared this with Adam one night telling him how I can't bare the thought of leaving this child behind. The next day I was thinking about the situation and how I might be tested with this situation. Then that night it was reconfirmed in an email that was sent to me by Adam. If it was the Lord that was guiding me to this little one then I would not have been so confused, emotional and uneasy. The Lord would have been preparing me to take her home. My job for now is to give her and the other children unconditional love while I am here. As I have been told by my father....God is the author of perfection, not confusion. I have to trust that in God's time my desire to adopt will be fulfilled.