Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Big Picture

I have been writing about some of the children who have captured my heart and today I visited the orphanage where my brother James lived. It was emotional walking into the house where my precious brother once stayed. It was great meeting PTO, Ezekiel, Eray, Marco, Josephine and all of the children. They danced and sang for me....we had plenty of fun.
I have been thinking a lot lately about why this country is the way it is and why in 2008 we have people living in poverty.Why are parents willingly giving their children up for adoption and why the country is in the state of brokenness. I'm having a hard time understanding the mindset of the people here. There is no cooperation, no sense of community and no motivation to better themselves partly because there is no opportunity (if you get a chance read Andrea and Adam's comments under my post I Love You....it is very encouraging).
This is all happening for a reason but we can't see the big picture. God has asked many of us to do some crazy things....to step out of our comfort zone and to obey and trust him. I thought of how He knows the future and provides our needs ahead of time. I thought of how He can soften hearts and how I can trust in Him for every situation. He sees the big picture, when all I see is what is right in front of me. I need to rely on Him when the future looks scary. I need to say “yes” to whatever He asks of me, instead of arguing based on my limited view. I can only have a big picture of life when I see it through His eyes. That truth continues to bring me peace....even in the midst of this crazy, mixed-up and broken world.