Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I'm home and I would like to say....

I have been back in America for a week now and to be honest with you the transition has been difficult. I became ill the Saturday before I was to leave…needless to say the flight home was very long. It was emotional leaving the country that has captured my heart, leaving the friends that I have made and beginning a new journey….the journey of returning to a world that is familiar yet so unfamiliar. I have come home with a new view on life, on happiness and on love. Coming back to Orange County and seeing the $100,000 cars, the enormous houses and the endless supply of “stuff” saddens me. How can you justify buying an expensive pair of jeans, an expensive car or whatever yet you can’t seem to have enough money to help those who can’t help themselves? To me this doesn’t make sense. My journey to Liberia has been life changing and has been difficult yet it was so rewarding. I am still processing my trip and figuring things out but I would like to take this time to thank a couple of people:

Dad – thank you for all of your encouragement that you gave me before I left and while I was gone. Your guidance and support means so much to me and I thank you for supporting my dreams and my passion.
Adam – you have stood by me during this process even though it was difficult to let me go on this journey. I thank you for your endless support and encouragement. Your daily emails and talks helped me so much while I was thousands of miles away. I love you with all of my heart and I hope that we can go to Liberia together.
Andrea – I have never met you but I feel like I have known you for years. I thank you for your support and encouragement. Your faith in the Lord is amazing and I am so thankful that the Lord brought us together for my journey. You are a wonderful woman of God and I hope that one day we can meet.
Maria (aka the Queen) – I have never met a more inspiring woman in my life, you are a true servant of the Lord and you have a wonderful heart. I am so honored to have met you and to have spent the time we did together was priceless. You allowed me to understand many things that I misunderstood. Thank you for taking the time to share your story with me and I hope to see you soon!
Francis – I have learned so much from you. Thank you for taking me under your wing and showing me so much of Liberia. I admire your passion, your drive and your love for Liberia. I’m excited to continue to work with you from the Golden State.
Abigail – my friend and my sister in Christ. I miss you most of all. Thank you for being my friend and for spending so much time with me. You’re a strong woman and I thank God everyday for bringing you into my life. I listen to your CD everyday and I can’t wait to see you again!
To the rest of my family and friends thank you for the emails that you sent while I was gone. I hope that you enjoyed my journey and thank you for sharing such an amazing journey with me.