Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Reflection of 2008

Things that impacted me:

- Going to Africa by myself for 5 weeks and coming back a changed person
- Having James and Vengee in our family
- Working full time and going through Grad school at the same time
- While I was in Liberia realizing that every decision you make whether it be a good decision or bad decision it affects other people.

Happiest moments:

- Being in Africa
- Experience the “firsts” with the kids
- Spending time with loved ones

Biggest regrets:

- Being too busy to enjoy my life
- Not letting my guard down
- Not protecting my heart

Surprises:

- Finishing school early
- The additions to our family (James, Vengee and Bryson)
- Going skydiving
- Deciding to coach high school softball

Blessings from God:

- Fulfilling a dream of going to Africa
- The friendships that blossomed from my trip
- A change of heart towards those who are less fortunate

Hopes for 2009:

- Continue to grow as a woman of God
- Start the non-profit
- Inspire someone to step out of their comfort zone
- Trust God with every aspect of my life