Monday, January 19, 2009

The Big Question

What am I going to do with my life? I have been trying to figure that out for a while, even more after I returned from Liberia. My heart and my mind have been torn. My heart has always wanted to start a non profit that is focused on the basic Public Health needs (water, hygiene, sanitation, etc.). But then my mind comes in and I know that it’s going to be a lot of work and I am not business minded. I have been job searching for a couple months because I want to use my education and I want to make a difference in the lives of people who are overlooked…but nothing has fallen into place. The urge to start a non profit has been on my mind more now than ever. You're probably thinking what’s holding me back? To be totally honest I’m afraid of failing and also starting something like this will be overwhelming to start on my own. But then I think to myself if I tried it I can never look back and think what if. Please pray for guidance and direction as this is something that I have always wanted to do, but I want to make sure that this is what the Lord wants me to do.