Friday, June 13, 2008

Is this real?

My trip is rapidly approaching and I still can't believe I'm actually fulfilling a long time dream. I got my shots and have my itinerary but today it really hit me that I'm leaving in a month. I'm excited, nervous and scared all at the same time. I'm excited to be able to go over to Africa and help these men, women and children who have no hope and I have been praying that I will be able to make an impact on just one person...if that was to happen it would be totally worth it. I am excited to go to the place where Vengee and James came from. To see where they lived, to meet their friend and family will be an experience that I will treasure. It will be in some way bittersweet. To be able to take the project that I am developing over there to see if it would work and help the citizens of Liberia is an honor. I'm definitely nervous to be traveling such a long way by myself...if you know me at all I'm sure you're just as nervous as I am! I'm also a little nervous of the unknown. I'm a little nervous that I'm going so far away by myself...I've always traveled with my family overseas and to be going to a place that is totally outside of my comfort zone is a little scary. However I am glad that I'm going alone - I will be able to grow and only be able to rely on myself and the Lord is very exciting. I just can't believe that my time has finally come to live out my dream. This is going to be a crazy ride and I hope that I can savor every minute of it!